We are excited to announce that Passpack Version 8 Beta is now broadly available, and is the default version for new Users at sign up. PLEASE NOTE, Passpack v8 is not "backward compatible" with Passpack Version 7. This means that accounts are not and cannot automatically be transitioned to the new system. In this article, we'll explain why, and how Users can transition to the new version. But first...
What's new in Passpack V8 Beta?
- A modern, more intuitive, more robust, and responsive User interface.
- Team sharing is now faster, and more secure, plus Users have more granular options for this feature.
- Additional options for storing extra data within password entries.
- Secure second-factor authentication available, with multiple options.
- An integrated browser extension for auto-fill at login pages.
- More payment options!
- Many, many more features.
Why isn't my account upgraded automatically?
After careful consideration, evaluation, and testing of available options for connecting the two systems to create a conduit for migration, we determined it was not possible to reasonably do so and without compromising the security model of either system.
How do I transition to the new version?
The new Passpack has been rebuilt from the ground up, so there are a few steps you will need to take to migrate your passwords from the old system to the new.
The steps you will need to complete in order to transition are
- Sign up for an account in the new version Here. You will need to choose a new User ID it can be the same as your current one or completely new.
- Transfer your passwords from Version 7 (export) to Version 8 (import) following the instructions at https://support.passpack.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004581443.
- Re-establish Connections within the new system. Users you share with will need to complete the above steps to sign up for an account, and then provide you with their new Nicknames or email address.
- If you have a paid plan on your current account within Version 7, please open a Support ticket to have your paid plan level updated on your new account in the new system as well. We will need both of your User IDs from Versions 7 and 8 in order to complete the request.
Current Requirements and Limitations
Passpack Version 8 Beta requires modern browser features in order to provide a secure environment for your passwords. It is compatible only with the browsers listed below. Other browsers may work but are not supported.
- Microsoft Edge - Latest version
- Chrome - Latest 2 versions
- Firefox - Latest 2 versions
- Safari - Latest version
Autofill Extension requirements
- Chrome - Latest 2 versions only
- Firefox - coming soon
- Edge - coming soon
Can I continue to use version 7?
We will announce a scheduled shutdown when Beta is complete. The current system will remain available so that Users can migrate to V8 at a reasonable pace that is convenient for them. Users with more complex migration issues should open a ticket with Support if additional guidance is needed.
The new version is missing something
If a feature from version 7 is missing that you would like to see in the new version or you have a suggestion for a new feature please let us know! Visit our support forum to see current feature requests and add yours. https://support.passpack.com/hc/en-us/community/topics