To sync your Passpack Desktop with your Passpack.com account, choose Tools > Sync with Passpack.com from within your Passpack Desktop and follow the on screen instructions.
Synchronization is bi-directional. Any changes made online can sync down to our Passpack Desktop account. Generally, the entry data can be synchronized from Passpack Desktop to Passpack.com. However there are three exceptions for Desktop -> Online sync:
- Whether or not the entry is a favorite
This is pretty useful since you usually have a totally different set favorites on the desktop as opposed to online. If you have set up your favorites separately on the two platforms, you might also want to deselect the favorites checkbox under Tools > Sync with Passpack.com to keep them from being overwritten during a synchronization.
- The entry tags
Passpack entries, and Passpack tags use two completely different databases – so this is a technical limitation, at least for the foreseeable future. Again, if you have set up your tags separately on the two platforms, deselect the tags checkbox under Tools > Sync with Passpack.com.
- Deleted entries
This is mostly a precaution. If you want to permanently delete entries from your Passpack.com account, you must do that from your online account (how to). In other words... if you delete an entry from Passpack Desktop - but not from Passpack.com - the synchronization process will plop it right back into your Desktop account.
In order for synchronization to work, you must have the same User ID, Password and Packing Key both at Passpack.com and on Passpack Desktop.
Why can I not sync my Passpack Desktop with my online account?
- Export the local data so that in the future you can import it again avoiding loss.
- Delete the local account. If you try to delete the account in the standard way it may not work. The fastest way is to type a wrong Packing Key during initial authentication and use the emergency command that will appear after.
- Start from scratch typing your online UserID and Password and follow the process.
- If something is missing in the online data, import the data from the previously saved export.