The Messages tab is where you can see all of your secure message exchanges. From here, you can send messages, recieve new messages and archive existing messages. If you would like to attach a password entry to a message, read these instructions.
You must first make sure you have activated Passpack's Secure Sharing then invite someone to connect. If you have not yet activate Secure Sharing, you will be prompted to do so.
(1) (2) (3) Use these controls to compose and send new messages. Detailed instructions here.
(4) The message list is where you can see all you messages. The contents of you messages are hidden by default to protect them from spying eyes. To view the contents of all your messages at once, click theShow link. To hide them all again, click the Hide link (this will appear in alternative to the Show link).
(5) If you have a lot of messages, and want to quickly locate those that you have archived as favorites, click the List favorites only link. Alternatively, to list both your recent messages and archived favorites, click theList all link.
(6) You have a couple of message specific controls:
- Click Show to view the contents of a single message (this is different from #4 in that it only reveals one message at a time, not all at once).
- You can also completely remove the message by clicking the Delete link.
- You may also see some additional information on the date and time the message was sent and received.
(7) Click the name of the person to view all the messages exchanged with that person. Click the List all link from #5 to undo this filter.
(8) Click the envelope icon to reply to a message. Click the star icon to mark a message as a favorite.
Passpack will automatically check for new messages every time you switch to the Messages tab. You can also do this manually by clicking the Check for Updates button in the upper-right hand corner of your screen. New messages are clearly marked.