Choose what you want Passpack to do right after you sign in to make it better fit your habits and load more quickly. To set your preferences, go into your Settings > Startup Options.
(1) Choose Home to go to your Home tab after signing in. Choose Passwords to view your password list instead.
(2) If you have a large account (with 50 entries or more), you may start to notice that Passpack is sluggish load right after you sign in. This is because there are many password entries to unpack (decrypt) all at once. To make Passpack load more quickly, you can set the most used entries as Favorites, and use one of the options below for loading favorites quickly.
In addition, some people like to login to Passpack in the morning, forget about it, then use 1 Click Login all day long as they browse. To make getting going in the morning go more smoothly, choose one of the options below for turning on 1 Click Login.
- Unpack everything
This is the default option. Fine for most people, but very slow if you have many entries.
- Unpack everything - then turn on 1 Click Login
Best for people with not too many entries, or who don't use Favorites, but DO use 1 Click Login frequently.
- Just unpack my favorites (the ones with stars)
This will only load your Favorites. To load your other entries, you will need to do so manually.
- Just unpack my favorites - then turn on 1 Click Login for my favorites only
This is similar to option #3, however it will also automatically activate 1 Click Login for you. Only your Favorites will be available for 1 Click Login.
- First unpack my favorites - then unpack the rest in the background
This will load your Favorites first, show them in your list, then continue to load the rest of your entries so that you don't have to do so manually.
- First unpack my favorites - then turn on 1 Click Login - then unpack the rest in the background
This is a combination of option #4 and #5. Your favorites will load first, and 1 Click Login activated for them right away. Then Passpack will continue to load the rest of your entries so that you don't have to do so manually. once that is complete, ALL of your entries will available for 1 Click Login.
- Don't unpack anything
A bit drastic, but certainly the absolute fastest. Good when you usually connect from an iPhone or PDA because it does not stress the device's low memory.
It does not matter if you have chosen to view the Home tab or the Passwords tab upon login, all of the above options will work either way.
(3) Click Save Changes when you are done.
How to Unpack Entries Manually
When you click on a tag, all of the entries for that tag will be unpacked, regardless of the settings above. If you choose an option which does not immediately unpack all of your entries, you may find that there are times that you need to access a certain entry which has not yet been unpacked. If you know what tag it is under, you can click that tag to gain quick access to the entry.