Notice: This article may contain information for multiple versions of Passpack, be sure and read the section appropriate to your version. How do I know what version I'm using?
No. Passpack only stores your passwords; it will not change them, either inside of your account or on other websites, without your specific intervention to do so.
If you would like to change your password on a website (for example, Gmail.com), follow these steps:
- Open two browser windows or tabs: one for Passpack.com, one for the other, in this example, Gmail.com
- Login to your Gmail account as you normally would.
- Navigate to the change password option (for gmail, instructions here).
- In your Passpack account, locate your Gmail Entry and open it.
- Click Suggest password to have Passpack suggest a new password for you.
- Copy it.
- Press OK in your entry and save it.
- Go back to the Gmail password change page, and paste in your new password.
- Complete the Gmail password change process.
If you need to see what the previous password was, here's how.
Passpack v8 (Preview)